The Golden Broom Awards recognize the contributions of exceptional citizens, schools, and businesses who have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to keeping St. John’s clean and beautiful. Each Fall, Clean St. John’s accepts nominations for the following awards:
- Youth Award – The Youth Award is presented to a St. John’s youth, 19 years of age and under, for effort and commitment to promoting and protecting the environment and by promoting environmental awareness through positive community involvement.
- School Award – The School of the Year award is presented to a K-12 school within St. John’s that demonstrates a commitment to engaging youth in Clean and Beautiful Youth Initiatives and through maintaining a clean school environment. This will be accomplished through litter and unwanted graffiti reduction, installation of “no idling” signage, installation of outside garbage and recycling containers, and beautification of school grounds that could include painting, scrubs, trees and flowers.
- Citizen of the Year – The Citizen of the Year award is presented to a citizen of St. John’s who has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to keeping St. John’s clean and beautiful. Through volunteerism, waste management, litter reduction and community beautification.
- Residential Award – The Residential Award is presented to the owner of a St. John’s residence that has demonstrated beautification of their property through outstanding maintenance, landscaping and display of shrubs and flowers.
- Corporate Award – The Corporate Award is presented to a St. John’s company that raises environmental awareness within the community and promotes and participates in environmental and clean up initiatives.
- Retail Business Award – The Retail Business Award is presented to a St. John’s retail business that demonstrates an outstanding commitment to keeping their property clean and beautiful through litter reduction, waste management, beautification, presentation and pride.
To nominate a person, school, or business you can fill out the form below